Fight Club is actually so good

Hey Cinebloggers, it's been a bit. 

I went through a period of reconstructing this blog. Why? I realized there was a lot of wasted potential in just sticking to a stagnant blog format. I miss it, I do. But the best thing is always what's next, remember that.

So yeah... I watched Fight Club, the must-watch-cinephile-starter-pack-film. I put off watching it for almost 2 years not because I wasn't able to get around it, but because I held an assumption towards it. I thought it'd be terrible because it was so popular and classified as the "go-to" favorite for film students and many film-enjoyers alike. In my mind, I thought: Aren't film students and people who deeply appreciate the art supposed to praise underground, unpopular—and a lot of times foreign—literate media?? Where was the praise on either of the Kurosawas on a large scale? Why is everyone basic as a banana? Or basic as a bar of soap?(Not calling anyone a basic banana or bar of soap btw)

Either I've been lied to or I lied to myself. 

The whole premise of Fight Club is so technically satisfying, yet sooo confusing? (Don't highlight the following blank space if you have not seen the film) Why is Tyler Durden suddenly a schizophrenic entity when the plot was just about to reach a consumable point! Also are we sad that Bob died? I felt like that was the most unnerving part of the whole thing because I did not even think Ed Norton's character was that connected with him like that. 

Ok spoilers over. Thoughts on the film itself? Let's argue or embrace in the comments ~

Short post because I gotta say that there's truthfully not much to say. Fight Club is cinema. 


It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything. I've already said too much about F*ght Cl*b. Until next time...

M.S.
The Cineblog ringleader

No comments:

Post a Comment

READ ME... YK YOU WANT TO

Fight Club is actually so good

Hey Cinebloggers, it's been a bit.  I went through a period of reconstructing this blog. Why? I realized there was a lot of wasted poten...