I got a job !

Hi, hello Cinebloggers... guess what ~

I am technically, basically, supposedly employed! I've got myself a real job that taxes my pay. I'm moving fast, zooom zoooom.

I'll be working as a sales associate at Tommy Hilfiger and I'm quite excited. Considering the months-long journey I went through to find a job where I'd hopefully get an interview, I cant even believe it was that easy. The manager—she is so, so nice—offered me the position on the spot. I guess I did something right?

From the months of April to August, 2026, I was on the hunt. 

  • Every website's career section? I was there. 
  • Every Indeed listing? I was there. 
  • Every single day and night? Also there. 

Not at Tommy specifically, but on every crevice of the web... looking for a job (almost reached a state of desperation). Then I recently got two interviews, one was last Sunday for Kohl's-online, the other was on Monday in-person, Tommy Hilfiger. Here's how they went since now I can reminisce in peace:

  • Kohls: Absolutely bombed that interview. It sucked... but what sucked more? The questions, the lack of interactive question-asking. Am I making sense? Said they'd reach back out with orientation details if I make the cut. Haven't heard back.
  • Tommy Hilfiger: Absolutely amazing interview, not just on my part but the manager's! I was not tense at all, I actually wanted to sit, listen, and chat more. I was stressing over nothing because in-person interviews are so much better in my opinion (may be an inaccurate statement, I lack experience after all). She helped me understand the store/team dynamic, values, etc. and it all felt so welcoming. Customer service is fun. So retail should be very fun. I've done a lot of customer service related things. It was an exciting day.

I'm all mellow now because it's settling in that I'll be walking in next week to be trained. I'll finally get to say, "Oh, sorry... I have work. Maybe next week?" LOL. 

But it's not exactly my first time "working"—I had a job as a concessions worker for a local baseball league where I was paid, had shifts, got tips, but to me, it was volunteering. (And yes, it sort of was... no payroll.)

See, I liked that job but it got competitive real quick, so I didn't make my way back in this year. GOOD (as my Taekwondo instructor says we should think whenever we don't get/achieve/pass something) because now that path has led me here. 

'Trust the process', in motion.

XOXO,
M.S.
One of many Cineblogging superstars

No comments:

Post a Comment

READ ME... YK YOU WANT TO

I got a job !

Hi, hello Cinebloggers... guess what ~ I am technically, basically, supposedly employed! I've got myself a real job that taxes my pay...